Cashew Milk

Lots of people are lactose intolerant without even realising it. I used to drink my coffee with milk but after I realised this was the reason I was bloated and had cramps I removed it from my diet almost completely. Store bought 'milks' can be full of crap. 2% of cashews, stabilisiers, oils, sugar... in 1 l milk? Come on... How about making your own? It is so easy and there are only 2 or three ingredients. (I promise you, there is no milking of cashews involved here;-), sort of...;-))

Cashew milk


Makes about 700 ml of milk:

100 g cashews
500 ml mineral water
1 tbs honey or maple syrup if you like

Cashew milk


What to do:

Soak the cashews in the bowl with enough water to cover it. Cover with cling film and leave until next day. Drain and rinse them well. Put the cashews and water into the blender and blend for about 30s - 1 min until the liquid becomes white and you can't see big chunks anymore. Add the sweetener of your choice and blend few more seconds. Strain through the muslin or cheese cloth and enjoy! It can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts