Healthy Chimichangas - in mood for Mexican food

When I was in USA I worked in mexican restaurant. I discovered flavours I have never known before. Since then chilli or quesadillas are regularly on my table. But they can be quite heavy...So looking after my waistline I started to search for healthier versions of my old time favourites.
This baked chicken chimichangas are great for midweek dinner or lunch at work.

Healthy Chimichangas


Makes 8:
8 flour tortillas
0.5 kg cooked chicken breast - cut into pieces
Handful of spring onions
Mild salsa
2 handfuls of cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon of cumin
A knob of butter
Guacamole, greek yogurt to serve

Preheat the oven to 200C. In the bowl mix the chicken with salsa, cheese, chopped spring onions and cumin. Place the mix in the centre of tortilla and wrap. Place in the ovenproof dish seam side down. Brush top of each chimichanga with melted butter and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve with a dolop of greek yogurt and fresh guacamole.

Enjoy:)

Comments

Popular Posts