Fake-Away Pizza

I was never big into takeaways, but I do love good pizza. So much that I'd often eat half of 16'' pepperoni (no joke!).

The idea of fake-away pizza was born when I signed up to Sophie's Nutrition Bootcamp. Sophie has lots of great ideas on how to eat the same things you love but in a healthier way.

Why 'fake-away'
You want that takeaway hit without the added (hidden) ingredients from your favorite pizza place, not to mention the calories! And you want it fast.

Serves 1
1 tortilla (wholegrain preferable)
2-3 tbsp tinned tomatoes
some colorful toppings - I like peppers
3 slices of parma ham
small handful of grated mozarella or cheddar
salad leaves to garnish

Smear the tomatoes on tortilla and top up with ham, peppers and cheese. Bake in the 180C for about 5 min, but do check if it is done earlier. You just want the cheese to melt. Sprinkle with salad leaves and it is all yours!

I tend to use whatever's in the fridge. I can now eat one pizza for my dinner and don't feel guilty about it at all!
Go on, try it yourself and see how easy it is!

PS
It's great for a quick snack for kids when they get back from school!

fake-away pizza

fake-away pizza

Comments

Popular Posts